- Working with a smaller table or need room for dishes? Maximize your table space by combining your centerpiece with candles, integrating them within for that one-two punch.
- Go nuts this season by using nuts for table décor. Gather a variety and sprinkle around center of table for that natural organic touch.
- Little pumpkins carved out just enough to hold a small plant provide versatility at a full Thanksgiving table, thus allowing you to easily move the arrangements around. They’re even the perfect size for guests to take home and enjoy at the end of the meal.
- Mason jars offer the perfect decorative vessel for candles, especially when the candle is nestled in popcorn kernels. Feel the harvest of the season right at your dinner table.
- Use a mirror as a tray to capture light and refection at your dinner table and to enhance your centerpiece arrangement.
- Use battery powered LED light strands as a modern way to embrace light. Intertwine with tabletop décor for that unexpected whimsical touch.
- Magnolia leaves offer another perfect place card alternative. Using a metallic marker write guest names or festive trivia.
Don't miss Mar’s new book, LIFE ON MAR’S, Creating Casual Luxury, available nationwide.
See Mar on The Mar Jennings Classic New England Christmas House Tour, to be held on Sunday, December 8. Tour five festively decorated homes from 11 am to 4 pm. Follow up the fun with a Twilight Soiree at Terrain, from 6 to 9 pm.
Tickets at Westport Historical Society, 25 Avery Place, 203-222-1424; westporthistory.org